Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Out of place?


When you are in the snow country there are certain things that you come to expect. Snow in the trees, on the ground, on the road, and under your feet. And when you see something that seems to not make sense, such as a chair out side and tilted in the snow, there is an uncontrollable urge to just stand and stare at it. As if somehow that will bring more order to the world. But no, this green chair tilted in the snow made no sense to me. It just sat there as if it had something to say that was a mystery and I could not hear it. I was tempted to sit in the chair and view the world from that perspective. Alas, I didn't. This green chair has maintained a spot in the corner of my mind. As if to remind me that there are positions in the (my) world that don't make sense. At least it wasn't clear to me why this chair had this position in this climate. Actually it was rather amusing in it's non-ubiquitousness.

1 comment:

sleipner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.